How to Contact Companies for Coupons
One question I get asked a lot is how to contact companies for coupons! Most companies love to hear about your good experience and most offer coupons as a reward! Also, if you’ve had a problem they will usually send coupons to try to bring back your business. Many companies will send coupons once a month. I suggest keeping a list of the companies you’ve contacted, when you contacted them, and the results. This way you know what companies you’re having the best success with as well as when you can contact them again. This is the form I use: it shows the date contacted, company, specific product, contact method (I save email addresses if applicable), and the result – coupon, thank you, etc. Some companies will consistently send coupons and some are hit and miss. You can contact one company per day or do seven at a time – whatever you have time to do. It only takes moments and usually brings big rewards! I would also suggest saving each company in your favorites in a special folder so you don’t have to re-find the website each time you want to contact them.
Here’s how to contact companies for coupons:
1. Write down a list of products you frequently use. Search the cupboard or take a peek at your price book.
2. Google the company and visit their website – most companies have a “contact us” form to submit directly through their website or will provide you with their email.
3. Contact them and tell them why you love their products so much. Don’t be afraid to also mention what you didn’t like or if you had a problem with their product. You should also include the product code if you’re complaining. Be honest and a little cheesy!
4. In my experience, directly requesting coupons doesn’t work. I have found I get a much better response writing a cheesy message and telling them what I like than saying “hey, ya got any coupons?”
5. Remember to include your contact info! I would also suggest creating an email address you use only for contacting companies and for freebie request forms.
Here is a sample to use – tweak as needed:
I am writing to let you know how much our family loves your Texas toast! It is one of the only foods my picky seven year old requests and loves to eat! I appreciate you making such a quality product for me to serve my family.